Medical Students' Center
Summary: Welcome to home base for medical students training in Samaritan Medical Centers.
READ THIS to begin your Psychiatry rotation; return to it anytime.
Diagnoses Psychiatric Medications Psychotherapy
Primary Care Screening Tools
- SBIRT: the Oregon program for annual screening for depression, alcohol, and drug use problems.
Everyone gets one yearly. Positives on the simple screen, handed out by MA's, lead to more detailed screeners as you'll see here.
- PHQ-9: introduction and everything else you need, from the McArthur Foundation Primary Care Tookit
This is the follow-on screening tool for those who screen positive on the SBIRT PHQ-2.
University of Washington Primary Care Mental Health Webinars
- Motivational Interviewing (MI Readiness for Change Ruler)
- Behavioral Activation Therapy
- Entire menu of talks
Samaritan's Dr. Tom Lissman
- lectures (to complete the quizzes, enter your name and email address)
YouTube videos of things you may not see
Online Problem-solving Therapy (from the Veteran's Administration; free to all)
Social Anxiety: great intro video, from diagnosis to treatment
Blueprints Series' Psychiatry text ($43)
Dr. Lissman's list of useful documents
(click the paperclip, the right-most of the icons, for MOCA, DSM at a glance, MoodCheck, C/L guidelines, and more)
Treatment of Maladaptive Aggression in Youth (T-MAY): a system for evaluation and treatment of aggression in kids
- Behavior: in what ways does the child exhibit aggression
- Onset: When does it happen? What triggers it, and why?
- Location: Where do the symptoms happen? Home/school?
- Duration: How long does it last?
- Exacerbants: What makes it worse?
- Relief: What makes it better?